The Swedish House of Finance at the Stockholm School of Economics is Sweden’s national research center in financial economics. It hosts internationally distinguished researchers and enables financial research and development of highest quality.
The center serves as an independent platform where academia, the private and public financial sector, can exchange knowledge, foster new ideas, and gain access to a global network of the most prominent researchers in finance.
The Swedish House of Finance is an equally private and government funded, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization. It hosts approximately 70 researchers, consisting of permanent and affiliated professors as well as PhD students.
The Stockholm School of Economics is ranked as the top business school in the Nordic and Baltic countries and enjoys a strong international reputation.
As Outreach Manager, you will drive the development and communication of content we want to disseminate from our academic research. You will also be strongly involved in the strategic planning of our events as well as supporting our fundraising efforts. You will actively contribute in shaping the relatively young organization and how it interacts with its stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who is experienced in driving projects and likes to work both operationally and strategically.
- Manage efforts to make research results accessible to a broader audience, including commissioning or co-creating videos, conducting and writing up interviews, rewriting research for practitioner audiences, and interfacing with media actors
- Proactively manage the external communication of activities and research output in a range of channels, including social media
- Editorial website management (Planning, publishing, measurement, etc.)
- Responsible press contact
- Coordination and production of annual report
- Support the development of the media and outreach strategy in collaboration with the head of outreach
- Has a strong interest in finance, and wants to further develop her/his knowledge and network within this area
- Is a skilled project manager (documented experience required)
- Is accurate, detailed and responsive in both administrative and communication work
- Has exceptional spoken and written language skills in both English and Swedish
- Has a university degree
- Is proactive in detecting and carrying out work tasks
- Can communicate excellently with academics, practitioners and the media, through various channels and formats
- Has ideally experience from international settings
- Has a digital skill set, enabling advanced and creative use of social media and other digital channels, as well as production of reports and presentations
- Experience from an academic setting and/or PR agency is a plus, but not required.
The position is full time, with a 6 months trial period. Applications will be read on an ongoing basis during the application period.
We are committed to a balanced gender distribution and value a variety of backgrounds and experiences among our employees. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of their gender, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or other beliefs.
To find out more about the Swedish House of Finance, visit us here: https://www.houseoffinance.se/
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Salary||According to agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Contact||Ursula Robertson, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Last application date||07.Jan.2019 11:59 PM CET|